Saturday, March 8, 2014

More for the Moving Images

Ever since I left studio the other day I have been trying to figure out what is going on next in my stream of conscience animation.  Thursday night after I finished teaching I came home to an empty house and spent a couple hours attempting to figure out how one of my drops ends up hitting the ground.  It's odd, but none of my drops had ever hit the ground before.  They had always been suspended in air.  Perhaps this animation will make me think through the actions of the characters in my pieces more thoroughly.

I don't know if this will really be the case or not, but I do know that I took a drive north to the Paper Store in Wiscasset yesterday and picked up a few more sketchbooks.  I am starting to figure out drawing again and it feels good.  For a little while I felt as though I should be paying attention to my new wife and my new wife solely, but I can't do that, and she didn't marry that, so I've been working a lot more.  I'm pretty excited about it.

Here's my new sketchbook.  I got two in this style.  I do not feel embarrassed to share that they make me feel absolutely giddy.  Also, I think I figured out how one of my drops hits the ground.



The paper in these books is so great, heavy and accepts the ink incredibly well.  I think I may have to go back and buy the paper store out of them.

More animation to come later this coming week.
Peace
-Mike

No comments: