Thursday, April 17, 2014

Early Mornings, Day Dreaming, and Listening to Minor Threat During Class

My schedule has changed.  I have added another job.  It seems like this could be a bad time to do so, but as my time shrinks my desire to work grows.  Every time in my life that I start to feel overworked or stressed, in a tight position, I find my work serving as a catharsis.  It starts to grow and change with me and helps me see what I should do and what could work better.

As a result of the new position I have started getting up at 5:30 in the morning and getting to studio at 6:00 or a little after.  I have been able to wake up with a brush in my hand and work through some of the patterns that I have been seeing everywhere.  I have been obsessed with the idea of hanging my new show on an awkward grid of painted panels.  I think that it will serve to locate all of the diverse concepts that I have been thinking about into a united theme.

Here are some images of the grids.



The process is taking a while and I really only have another three weeks to work on this show.  I am glad that I made this breakthrough this week.  If it had happened any later I wouldn't be able to even come close to finishing the work in time.  As it is, should I not finish in time, I am resigned to finish it at some other point.  This work is some of my favorite that I have finished up to this point.

Keep up.
Peace
-Mike

No comments: